Many individuals confuse financial planning with general savings and investing advice. While how to save (and how much!), and where and when to invest those savings, is every bit important, prudent Financial Planning goes much beyond the realm of just saving and investing. The sooner you understand the role of financial planning in meeting your short, medium and long-term financial aspirations, the better you’ll be able to control your financial destiny.
Why Financial Planning is Important
A strong planning process is a comprehensive way to create a strong, flexible financial plan. A transparent, effective planning process is based on two key aspects of financial planning: preservation and access to funds when needed. A plan must help to ensure liquidity, to allow its owner to access funds when needed. It must also take into account key stages of life. This can include preparing for events such as retirement, death, and in the event of disability and/or critical illness.
With these goals in mind, the first step in building a comprehensive plan is to assess total financial planning needs. This involves a consideration of important milestones such as retirement, insurance, major purchases and educational costs, as well as ongoing financial management strategies. Once these factors are identified, the client is prepared to choose the products and services that best address his or her needs.
This goal-based financial planning approach is designed to help:
- Define customized short- and long-term goals that ensure only suitable financial products and services are chosen
- Identify roadblocks or gaps that might impact the financial planning strategy
- Continually monitor the plan to ensure it meets changing needs and circumstances
- Prepare for a financially independent, comfortable retirement
- Manage current taxes
- Pro-actively manage and control debt
- Help prepare for a child’s college education
- Provide loved ones or heirs in the event of death, disability or critical illness
- Protect businesses and their employees
What We Can Do For You
Our systematic approach to Financial Planning services includes:
- Discovering You: We realize that financial planning is all about you! And the only way that we can deliver what you need is to understand what those needs are. We do this through a consultative discovery approach of getting to know you, and helping you understand what we can do for you.
- Strategizing: Now that our professionals have a better sense of who you are, and what you wish your financial future to look like, we can work together to create a financial strategy that will help you fulfil those financial objectives.
- Holistic Planning: Cookie cutters don’t work for us – and we believe they don’t serve the interest of our clients either. Through our systematic strategy-building process, we’ll create a set of personalized, holistic plans – for the short, intermediate and long-term, that will help fulfil your overall financial strategy. Our planning process is intensive, and we do it using a consultative and iterative approach. Each session brings us closer to helping you achieve the financial objectives that we set out together, during the Discovery phase.
- Implementation: Now that the plans are in place, we’ll walk you through the process of implementing them. Whether it’s making the right investment decisions, choosing the right insurance plan for you and your family, saving enough (and regularly) to reach your retirement goals, or creating an Estate Plan that preserves your legacy; our qualified Financial Planners will be right there by your side as you take each step. Through foresight, encouragement and professionalism, we’ll make sure each step of the plan is successfully implemented.